Shown above is the SAP batch numbering process.
- P: Process order numbers always begin with this character to designate production at a plant.
- Production Plant Code: This code designates the actual plant for production. Click here for a description of the AkzoNobel plant codes.
- Last Digit of the Year: This numerical designation details the year for production.
- Week #: The week the production will take place (1-52 range).
- Sequence # within the Week:The sequence is the order of priority based on other orders scheduled for that week. The last two digits are the order sequence within the week. These numbers are generated in the sequence that batches are created.
- For a SEFI production, the last two digits are always 00.
- For FINI, the last two digits are 01, 02, 03, etc. depending on the number of filling orders.
- In SAP, filling orders are specific to the FINI-DC combination.If the same FINI is filled to multiple DCs, those FINIs have different filling orders